Learn how to connect your PS4 with Alexa and get instant voice control of your console. With the PS4 Alexa Skill, you can control your TV, gaming console, and other smart devices with voice command through Alexa. You can also control other devices like lights, fans, thermostats, and more using Alexa. This skill makes it easy to control your device from anywhere you are.
If you’re looking to add voice control to your PS4, there are a few ways to do it. You can use a PlayStation 4 controller or the official Amazon Echo device, which has been confirmed to work with the console. However, if you’re looking for an alternative and don’t want to spend money on additional hardware, you can connect your PS4 using an Alexa-enabled device. This post will teach you how to connect PS4 to Alexa.
What Is Alexa?
High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa
- Size: 8.1” height x 6.9” diameter (206 mm x 175 mm)
- Weight: 7.7 lb (3.5 kg). Actual size and weight may vary by the manufacturing process.
- Audio: Three 2” (51 mm) midrange speakers, one 1” (25 mm) tweeter, and one 5.25” (133 mm) woofer with bass aperture to maximize bass output
- Amplifier: Peak output 330W; 24-bit DAC; 100 kHz bandwidth
- Supported audio formats: FLAC, MP3, AAC, Opus, Vorbis, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio/MPEG-H; includes support for CD Quality (16-bit) and Hi-Res (up to 24-bit)
- Supported music streaming services: Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, TuneIn
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Alexa is a virtual assistant created by Amazon. The assistant can control various functions of devices connected to the internet, such as setting alarms and controlling smart home devices. The assistant can also be used for voice searches on the internet.
Alexa is a voice assistant that can be found on many devices, including Amazon’s Echo and Dot devices. It controls various aspects of those devices, including music playback, smart home functions, smart speakers, and more. It is also able to answer questions and provide information.
What Is Logitech Harmony Hub?
In the world of smart home devices, there are a few leading players in the market. With Apple, Google, Samsung, and others all releasing their own line of connected products, it isn’t easy to know who has what and why. We can tell you who does not have one!
The Logitech Harmony Hub allows you to control your devices from any device with an internet connection – no hub or app required. It lets you sync up to 150 devices from anywhere on any device, and you can also set the devices to work automatically. You can also change and control your lights, thermostats, security, TV, and more – all through your phone.
The Logitech Harmony Hub allows you to access all of your connected devices easily. Just plug it into your TV, and it will automatically control your cable box, DVR, Blu-Ray player, game consoles, etc. It also works with the Logitech Media Server.
How To Connect PS4 to Alexa?
You’ll need the Harmony Google Assistant to connect your PS4 to Alexa. Add your PS4 device to the harmony devices first, and then add the harmony device to Alexa. Alexa voice commands will be routed to the Harmony device, then be routed to the PS4.
Let’s summarize each step on how to connect PS4 to Alexa.
Note: The Harmony device must be on the same network as the PS4.
Steps to Connect PS4 with Alexa:
Step 1: Install the Harmony Google Assistant
To connect your PS4 to Alexa, you’ll need to install the Harmony Google Assistant. You can install Google Assistant from the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store.
Note: Make sure to download the latest version of the Google Assistant from the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store.
Step 2: Add the PS4 to Harmony Google Assistant
Harmony will take orders directly from Alexa, but the PS4 must be connected to Harmony Assistant.
You’ll be able to control your PS4 with Harmony, but if you want to stick with Alexa, there’s a way to add Harmony to Alexa later.
To connect your PS4 to the harmony device, follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Go to Edit Devices and press the plus button to add another device.
- Select an Entertainment Device
- Select Sony from the Manufacturer.
- You’re fine with just typing PlayStation 4 in the model number field.
- Select Add Knowledge and give the activity permission to use PS4.
- Then, to confirm the connection between Harmony and PS4, click Allow.
Step 3: Enable Harmony On PS4
To enable Harmony on PS4 follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Devices> Bluetooth Settings to configure.
- Enable Harmony Keyboard by searching for it.
- Close the PS4’s settings menu.
After you’ve enabled Harmony on your PS4, you can create a routine that Alexa will execute later.
Step 4: Create PS4 Routine
Now that you have a basic understanding of how to connect your PS4 to Alexa let’s make a routine.
Routines can include games, streaming platforms, or anything else you want, and they can be set up in the Google Home app.
Choose any routines you want and schedule them to be ready once your Alexa connects to your Harmony assistant.
Step 5: Connect Alexa To the Assistant
To use Alexa to control your PS4, you must first pair Alexa with Harmony Assistant.
- Connect your Google account after enabling the Harmony skill for Alexa.
- Wait for Alexa to scan for the Harmony Hub after connecting your Google account to the Alexa app.
Now, you can control PS4 with Alexa.
For those looking for ways to connect their Playstation 4 to Alexa, this article is for you. You can use this method to access your PS4 remotely and control it with your voice. You can control Alexa with your phone or tablet by saying, “Alexa, go to Netflix,” “Alexa, play Star Wars,” and “Alexa, turn off the lights.” Thanks for Reading! We hope you find this guide helpful.